The FlashVAPE Water Pipe Attachment (FV WPA) is an awesome addition to the FV lineup. This attachment turns the Flashvape into a true pipe vape, another unique FV first!
As a pipe vape with the installation of the FV WPA, the FV is meant to be used upside down on your water pipe. The major advantage of this setup is that it enables the FV to vaporize by 100% CONVECTION since in this scenario, the heating element is above the material being vaporized in the bowl (no contact), and the vapor is drawn out through the filter screen and into the glass water pipe and cooled before being inhaled, resulting in a more comfortable, soothing experience.
To use the FV WPA with your water pipe, please ensure:
- Your water pipe has a standard 18mm conical input connection (male or female)
- Load at least 1/2 to 3/4 bowl full so when upside down, there is less distance between the heating element screen and the material being vaporized
- Works best with the FVS2 3.7v power , or FVPA adjustable power supply (for maximum heat production)
- The S2 ceramic spacer and/or top tabbed screens can be removed for upside down use as a pipe vape to maximize vapor production by radiant heat
Each Flashvape WPA comes with these standard parts below:
and your choice of 1 of the below 3 standard 18mm Glass Connectors:
“Shorty” – standard 18mm M/M GonG connector suitable for use on water pipes with 18mm female connection that is angled (default choice)
“Dual Purpose” – standard 18mm M/M GonG connector suitable for use on water pipes with 18mm female connection that is slightly angled or vertical, can also be used as a stand-alone top draw tube for use with the FV WPA adapter set
“Jumbo Straw” – standard 18mm male GonG adapter suitable for use with the FV WPA adapter set as a curved jumbo draw tube for top drawing from your FV. This should be selected only if your water pipe has a 18mm MALE connection, or if you plan on using the FV WPA without a water pipe for drawing from the top
HOW TO INSTALL AND USE
The Flashvape Water Pipe Adapter set is super easy to install and use.
1: Remove the glass bezel by firmly holding the swivel cap and turning the bezel counter clockwise (be careful of the glass lens which may fall out after the bezel is removed), and remove the glass lens.
2. Turn the WPA adapter upside down, and install a silicon gasket on the bottom of the flange, before inserting it into the opening in the swivel cap. Then place the second silicon gasket above the flange, so that the flange on the adapter is sandwiched between the two silicon gaskets. Make sure the silicon gaskets are centered and evenly seated on the top and bottom of the flange.
3. Re-install the retainer bezel onto the swivel cap by carefully turning it clockwise until hand tight. Make sure that the fine silicone gaskets are not pinched while tightening the retainer bezel. When properly seated and installed, these 2 silicone gaskets not only seals the connection, but also acts as important “cushions” to buffer against any impact, which prevents cracks from forming in your expensive GonG glassware.
4. Use the included silicone plug to seal the side draw hole on the swivel cap. Push firmly to ensure the silicone plug is inserted all the way in.
5. Load at least 1/2 to 3/4 bowl full so when upside down, there is less distance between the heating element screen and the material being vaporized.
6. If your GonG water pipe has a 18mm MALE input connection, simply turn the Flashvape upside-down and insert the standard 18mm MALE glass connector on your pipe into the FV WPA’s 18mm female conical connection. If your GonG water pipe has a 18mm FEMALE connection, you will first need to add an 18mm M/M glass connector into the FV WPA’s female connection, and then insert the other end of the M/M connector into the female connection on the water pipe. Take care when turning the vaporizer upside down, so any attached glass connector does not fall out and break.
7. You may wish to remove the Stage-2 ceramic spacer and/or top tabbed screen for optimal performance while using the FV WPA upside down to maximize vapor production by radiant heat.
8. Power up your FV, and get ready to inhale all that water-cooled vapor goodness. Push the stainless steel power button, wait about 5 seconds, then draw to enjoy!
The Flashvape Water Pipe Adapter is available in our store here: